Thursday, July 7, 2011

Update

I haven't had much to blog about lately, we have been waiting to hear from our agency about starting the home study.  Since our lovely government had shut down, we figured our background checks would be pending for quite a while.  It had been about a month since we turned them in, and they can take up to 8 weeks. 

I emailed LSS this morning and asked about when we'd be starting the home study, and how the shut down would affect us time wise.  Well, awesome news is is that our background study results were returned to LSS JUST before it shut down!  So that means our file is 100% complete, and they'll be assigning a social worker any day now to begin our home study!  

July 2nd I turned 25...  Dan says it sounds old.  :)  Dan and I had fun celebrating!  We hung out at a beach in the morning, picked strawberries in the afternoon, went shopping and out to dinner in the evening.  Great birthday!  One of my gifts was a new vacuum...  I can't believe how NASTY our carpets were when I vacuumed with this new vacuum.  It looked as if our old vacuum was doing nothing the past two years seeing what came out of the carpet!!  Needless to say, Dan and I were happy that we replaced it!

Dan picking strawberries



No comments:

Post a Comment