Monday, July 25, 2011

Outch!

In a recent post, I mentioned we got a new car, and were loving it...  Well, we're not loving it at all right now!  A couple days after we bought it, the transmission went out...  Seriously?!  It drove perfect for us when we test drove it, and as soon as we paid for it and drove it away, it started acting funny.  We just found out today that the transmission is shot and needs to be replaced.

It is difficult to see the good in trials like these, but we can take comfort in God's word.  Here are a few verses I've been thinking on lately...

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isiah 55:8-9

 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope:"  Romans 5:3-4

"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." Heb. 12: 5-11

James 1:3 "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience."


It is grievous going through this trial, but I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that cares for us as His children, and this trial of our faith is for our PROFIT, and to increase our patience, (which I know will be a necessary attribute as a parent)!

Also, I have a prayer request for my Grandmother, Lorraine.  She is having a surgery tomorrow that is quite risky.  She has some major issues with her neck with bone spurs and such that are causing her a great deal of pain.  If left untreated, she'd likely be paralyzed.  The surgery is risky, but she said she's fine with any outcome, whether it works, and she is healed, or if it doesn't and she goes home to be with the Lord.    Please pray for her, and for the surgeons performing this surgery, and that she will come through the surgery with her neck issues fixed!

Also, if your buying a car in the near future, check the transmission fluid.  If it's black, don't buy it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment