Friday, June 3, 2011

Nesting... Another Completed Project

  So even though I am not pregnant, knowing a baby will be coming in the near future, I have started nesting!  I want everything clean and organized before we bring the baby home!  I'm still plugging away at the baby room... we had a minor set back due to needing the ceiling re-sprayed, and then I needed to repaint the walls due to over spray.  It is looking pretty good in there, hopefully I will have some pictures of it completed soon!

  Dan and I migrated to our basement bedroom for the summer because it stays so cool down there, so we've been putting the finishing touches on that room.  Last night we completely cleaned out our garage and got it organized!  (Dan's form of nesting)  It was a big task, but it looks so great now!

  For the past couple weeks, I have been refinishing an old hutch that was given to us.  I wish I had taken a picture of it before I painted it; it was oak with gold hardware, so not super cute.  I am really happy with how it turned out, and it makes a wonderful addition to our dining room!

  I've been trying to limit myself on buying stuff for the baby, but when I saw this at a garage sale a few weeks ago, I knew I should get it, considering we needed to buy one!  It is almost the exact car seat I wanted, but instead of paying $180 for it, I got mine for $50!  I got it all polished and cleaned up, and it looks brand new!

  In adoption news:  We've recently purchased the 5 online adoption courses we are required to take before attending our training day, so now we just need to find the time to complete them together!  We're at the point where we are paying for services, including the home study!  For some reason, writing out checks to the agency makes it feel more real!  Please keep us in your prayers!  For guidance, wisdom, and for the Lord's provision! 

No comments:

Post a Comment