Friday, March 18, 2011

PRAISE THE LORD!

I haven't been able to stop smiling since yesterday afternoon.  We received a phone call that drastically changed our plans.

Dan had the day off yesterday, and we had to run into town for a few errands.  When we returned home, we saw a message on our answering machine.  It was Bethany Christian Services, and they had a question for us and wanted us to call back before our upcoming meeting in April.  So I call the lady back, not expecting to hear what I was about to find out.  She wanted us to come early to our appointment to sign some forms, because there had been an anonymous donation of 3-5 thousand dollars given to us to help with adoption expenses!!!  After talking with her, I was just shaking with excitement!  (Probably as much as if I had just gotten a positive pregnancy test!)  Dan was on the phone, and when he came back in the room, I gave him the news.  His jaw hung open for quite some time!  We were amazed...  What an answer to prayer!  I have been praying for a miracle, and He gave us one!  We're now able to start our home study, when just the other day, we had no idea when we'd be able to start it!  We serve an awesome, powerful God!

It was exciting for me to see Dan's excitement!  I think he had been holding it back, due to the fact that we were thinking it could take a really long time to save the funds necessary.  It didn't quite feel real yet.  Now, it feels very real!  Dan started doing some research, contacted his employer about adoption benefits, and we started planning projects in the nursery to complete! We're so excited to be parents!

I just want to give all the praise and glory to God! 
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

Our God is GOOD!
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment