Saturday, April 16, 2011

Taco Seasoning

I used up the last of my homemade taco seasoning last night, so I made another batch this morning.  I got this recipe from my cousin Amy, and it is the best taco seasoning!  Plus, you know what's in it; no preservatives and other things you can't pronounce!  I get my bulk herbs and spices from Azure Standard.  It  is a lot cheaper buying everything needed in bulk.


2 cup dry, minced onion
1 cup salt
1 cup chili powder
1/2 cup arrow root
1/2 c dry garlic
1/4 cup oregano
1/2 cup cumin
cayenne pepper to taste
paprika  to taste (I use probably 1/2 cup, it gives the nice red coloring.)

Mix it all up, and store in an air tight container.


To make tacos, brown and drain 1 lb ground beef and add 2-3 Tbsp. of mix and 1/2 cup water.  Simmer 10 minutes. 

A quick update on the adoption. I talked to the lady that is working with us at this stage, and she said our application is still pending for review...  So it might take a little longer than I was anticipating.  But all is well!

Enjoy the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment